PMES is also a world leader in the field of signature prediction, measurement, analysis and treatment systems for steel ships, submarines and Mine Countermeasure Vessels (MCMVs).PMES is an established and respected supplier of innovative high technology electrical systems. We specialise in electrical power conversion and control products for use in:
- Arduous, demanding and hazardous environments;
- Applications where reliability, availability and safety are paramount; and
- Installations where space is at a premium.
Our solutions can be found in a wide variety of applications ranging from Royal Navy's latest and most capable ships and submarines, through Offshore Patrol Vessels and commercial ships, to industrial gas turbine electric start systems. With over 40 years of defence experience providing high integrity, compact, power dense solutions, we are proud to offer the same level of integrity, assurance and compactness for commercial marine, industrial, low carbon and renewable energy applications. PMES is also a world leader in the field of signature prediction, measurement, analysis and treatment systems for steel ships, submarines and Mine Countermeasure Vessels (MCMVs).
We use high quality, commercially available components to minimise obsolescence and cost whilst delivering superior levels of performance and reliability. Our products and solutions include:
- A range of inverters and converters
- Solid-state frequency converters
- Variable speed drives
- Bespoke power supplies
- Specialist control consoles
- Aircraft ground service systems (to provide external independent electrical power to support aircraft while their engines are shut down)
- Power-dense motors and motor drives
- Electric cruise propulsion; and
- Gas Turbine Electric Start system
- Onboard Degaussing systems
- Impressed Current Cathodic Protection
- Magnetic Treatment Facilities
- Magnetic Measurement Facilities
We provide systems and sub-systems that provide value for money at initial acquisition with significantly reduced through life costs compared to the alternatives. If you have an application where safety, reliability, and/or availability are of paramount importance and/or it must operate in a hazardous or demanding environment, then contact PMES, we can engineer a cost effective solution to satisfy, or better, your requirements.